Floatation therapy , once a niche segment of the wellness industry, has witnessed a meteoric rise in popularity in recent years. From celebrities endorsing the sensory deprivation experience to scientific studies vouching for its benefits, float centres are becoming the go-to spot for individuals seeking relaxation, recovery, and even self-discovery. Let’s explore why these centres are blooming and what market trends and statistics tell us about this growth.
Understanding the Float Centre Experience
Before diving into the statistics, it’s essential to understand the core of the experience. A float centre provides individual pods or tanks filled with body-temperature water infused with Epsom salts, ensuring the person inside floats effortlessly. The sensory deprivation environment allows a person to disconnect from the external world and experience profound relaxation.
Market Trends and Growth Drivers
- Increased Focus on Mental Health and Well-being: As global awareness and understanding of mental health have grown, so has the demand for therapeutic options that address anxiety, depression, and stress. Floatation therapy, with its proven benefits of promoting relaxation and reducing anxiety, naturally aligns with this trend.
- Endorsements from High-profile Personalities: Celebrity endorsements, including athletes who use floatation therapy for muscle recovery and mental focus, have played a significant role in drawing attention to float centres.
- Scientific Backing: Recent studies have shown that floatation therapy can lead to increased dopamine and endorphin levels, positively influencing mood and well-being. Such scientific validations have only propelled its popularity further.
- Affordability and Accessibility: Initially, float tanks were a luxury, often found only in high-end spas or wellness centres. The growing demand has spurred the development of dedicated float centres, making the experience more accessible and affordable to the general public.
- Diverse Demographic Appeal: Whether it’s millennials seeking mindfulness, athletes pursuing faster recovery, or professionals aiming to combat workplace stress, the appeal of float centres cuts across various demographic groups.
Statistics Highlighting the Surge
- Global Growth: As of 2021, there were more than 2,500 float centres globally, compared to just a few hundred a decade ago.
- Revenue Rise: The global floatation therapy market, valued at around $90 million in 2017, was projected to surpass $270 million by 2025, showcasing a robust compound annual growth rate.
- Increased Sessions: On average, a float centre user in the U.S. attended approximately 5 sessions annually in 2019, up from an average of 2 sessions in 2015.
The rapid growth and increasing popularity of float centres globally is no mere coincidence. It mirrors the collective global shift towards self-care, mental health, and holistic well-being. As research continues and as more people experience the unique benefits of floatation therapy first hand, float centres are likely to become even more integrated into mainstream wellness routines.
Exo float tanks are trusted globally by float centres, spas, hotels, sports institutes and medical facilities. Designed for ease of installation, operation, and maintenance, the Exo float tank is constructed from premium materials and showcases the leading edge of float technology.
Equipped with remote assistance, thorough filtration, and advanced UV sterilisation, the Exo tank is the benchmark for hygiene and functionality in the market. Interested in learning more? Speak to an expert or get a custom quote today, our team is on hand to help.