In the competitive corporate world of today, employee well-being is a top priority. With the increasing realisation that the health and happiness of employees are directly related to their productivity and loyalty to the organisation, many companies are always on the lookout for innovative wellness initiatives. Enter float tanks, these sensory deprivation chambers, filled with body-temperature water saturated with Epsom salts, offer a plethora of mental and physical benefits. Let’s dive deeper into why and how float tanks should be an integral part of corporate wellness programs.
What is a Float Tank?
A float tank, also known as a sensory deprivation tank or isolation tank, is a lightproof, soundproof chamber filled with around a foot of water, which is saturated with Epsom salts. This setup allows individuals to float effortlessly on the water’s surface. With the water at skin temperature, the distinction between the body and the environment becomes blurred, offering a unique and deeply relaxing experience.
Benefits of Float Tanks for Employee Wellness
- Stress Reduction: One of the primary benefits of float tanks is their ability to reduce stress. The environment inside the tank minimises external stimuli, allowing the brain to enter a deeply relaxed state. This can reduce the levels of stress hormones like cortisol, promoting relaxation and mental clarity.
- Improved Sleep: Regular use of float tanks has been linked to better sleep patterns. This is especially valuable for corporate employees, where sleep deprivation can often be a persistent issue.
- Enhanced Creativity: The sensory-deprived environment can act as a reset button for the brain, leading to improved problem-solving abilities and creative thinking.
- Muscle Relaxation: The Epsom salts in the water are rich in magnesium, which can help in muscle relaxation and pain relief. This can be beneficial for employees who experience physical strain or those who engage in regular physical activity.
- Mental Health Boost: Floating can help in reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression. The deep relaxation state aids in balancing neurotransmitters, creating a sense of peace and contentment.
Integrating Float Tanks in Corporate Wellness Programs
- On-site Installation: Companies with larger budgets and infrastructure can consider installing float tanks within their premises. This ensures that employees can access the tanks during breaks, before or after their shifts, without the need to travel.
- Partnerships with Local Float Centers: For companies without the means or space to have on-site tanks, partnerships with local float centres can be established. This can include discounted sessions for employees or dedicated time slots.
- Educational Workshops: Hosting workshops to educate employees about the benefits of floating can motivate more people to try it out. These can be conducted by wellness experts or representatives from local float centres.
- Incorporate into Recovery Programs: For employees undergoing physical therapy or mental health programs, floating sessions can be incorporated as complementary therapy.
- Feedback Mechanism: Implement a system where employees can share their experiences and feedback after their float sessions. This not only offers insights into its effectiveness but also encourages others to give it a try.
- Periodic Packages: Offering monthly or quarterly floating sessions can be a unique addition to the benefits package, making it both a wellness and a retention tool.
The corporate world can often be a high-stress environment, making employee wellness initiatives more critical than ever. Float tanks offer a unique and effective solution to combat several physical and mental challenges that professionals face today. By incorporating them into wellness programs, companies can not only boost the health and morale of their teams but also enhance productivity and creativity in the workplace.
Exo float tanks are trusted globally by float centres, spas, hotels, sports institutes and medical facilities. Designed for ease of installation, operation, and maintenance, the Exo float tank is constructed from premium materials and showcases the leading edge of float technology.
Equipped with remote assistance, thorough filtration, and advanced UV sterilisation, the Exo tank is the benchmark for hygiene and functionality in the market. Interested in learning more? Speak to a float therapy expert today, our team is on hand to help.